Week 17: Wrapping It Up


I cannot believe that this is the last post for this class!!

Before taking this class, I did not think about SNS using for a business because when I heard of business, I would think as it very complex. I have been using SNS since I got a smartphone, and I use SNS, especially Instagram, to share photos like a memory diary, and to communicate and connect with my friends and people all over the world. Therefore, even though I have receiving a lot of advertisements on Instagram and I have shopped using shopping tools on Instagram, I never had think about SNS for a business from a supplier side because I was always on a consumer side. 

Recently, business through SNS become popular. For example, in my country, Japan, people who have become famous on Youtube appear on TV, and people who sing popular songs on TickTok appear on famous music TV program. Most of the contents that featured on TV in Japan are the something that went viral on SNS.  

Through this class, I learned how to use SNS successfully to develop a business. There are various SNS tools that can be using for running a business. The most memorable tool in this class was the newsletters. Until I learned about it, I had the impression that the newsletter was just annoying. In this class, I was able to experience the hardships of the sender by thinking about the design of the newsletter, the frequency of sending it, and its contents so that the business can grow efficiently. At the same time, I became wondering what kind of newsletter would be used to promote the newsletter so that it would not be an obstacle to customers and would be accepted willingly. I used to put newsletters to the trash box without opening. However, the newsletter in my inbox now I see the design and contents from the sender's point of view.

SNS I would like to use for my business is Instagram and TickTok because I got used to it than other SNS. These SNS are also popular among Japanese so that it would be effective if I would have a business in Japan. I like taking attractive photos and editing videos to make reels, so I think I have an SNS that posts photos and videos like Instagram and TikTok.

For things that require communication and connection with people like business, it is a very convenient tool that can be connected immediately even like SNS. For those of us who are in a situation where we have to refrain from connecting with people due to the COVID-19, such convenient tools are becoming indispensable to our lives.

Comments

Popular Posts