Week 11: Marketing with Twitter, LinkedIn, Social Influencers


Influencer Marketing: ideal for raising brand awareness and achieving other marketing objectives. It a digital version of word-of-mouth marketing. Since the entire activity takes place in the digital world, you can reliably calculate audience reaction using metrics like the amount of likes, shares, and so on.

One of the most interesting I found out by reading articles on the assignment page was Influencer Marketing is the evolution of word-of-mouth marketing. In the past, the company was ranked and its popularity was determined by the number of reviews from customers and the five-point rating. Currently, the company is evaluated by the number of followers, likes, comments of SNS. 

In deed, the way I decide on a restaurant is completely different now and in the past. When SNS wasn't very developed yet, I searched Google by typing the name of the restaurant and decided whether to go based on the information on the gourmet site. In addition to information such as the general opening hours of the restaurant, the site contained five-grade ratings and reviews, so I focused on that information. Now I decide whether to go to restaurant by looking at SNS (mostly Instangam). Typing the name of the restaurant on the search screen to see the located or tagged posts. I look at the posted photos to understand the menu and atmosphere of the store. There are many restaurants have a small number of tagged and located posts. Even if they are already popular on gourmet sites and have a good reputation, if they are not well known on SNS (small number of follower and posts), I would judge them as less popular. 

One thing that has been cleared through this assignment is that general Instagram users post a product of some company for advertising as one of the influencer marketing. I have seen my friends who has over 1000 followers had posted with promotion code for discounting. People with more than 1000 followers are certainly well known and receive a lot of likes. Advertising with such people makes it easy to spread to communities. In fact, I was one of the persons who learned about a company by seeing my friend posts with a promotion code. Without that post, I wouldn't have visited the company's account unless I was interested. 

I also have received request messages from business account who sells fitness wear about request to become an ambassador. I didn't become an ambassador after all, but since there are so many influencers on Instagram, I think influencer marketing is well-known and effective in terms of flow for business. 

Comments

Popular Posts