Week 1A: My Template

 Welcome to the Blog!

Welcome to my blog during spring 2021:) I am Haruka Yamaguchi. I chose this simple theme because this template caught my eyes at the first. I want to make my blog page to be simple and clear for readers easy to get into my writing. I am so excited because this is the first time writing the blog for me. 

I love monotone colors because it makes me feel calm. I also love palm trees with sunset. I am from Japan and palm trees are not planted in japan that much. Therefore, when I enrolled at MiraCosta College, which was the first time living in California, I felt like I was living in a resort place. There were palm trees everywhere I see. When I was 14, it was the first time living in the United State. Due to my father's work, I moved to Virginia with my family. We lived there for about 3 years, and we traveled to many states on the East coast. Since then, I have always wanted to go to some states on West Coast. 

The social media platforms that I personally use are Instagram and LINE. I used to use Twitter before I use Instagram; however, since Instagram started to have "story" Twitter users had shifted to used Instagram because you easily can post a story of what happened at the time with photos, video, location, #, accounts, text, and etc. Therefore, I don't use Twitter from that time. LINE is an app that is used among people in Japan. It is the same as an app released in the US called What's up. You can message and voice and video call free. Almost all people in Japan use LINE to communicate with others. In recently, TicTock is trending in the world. I started using it last year because everyone around me has been using it. I don't post anything and I used it for just watching videos are posted because I can learn what is trending among people at the same age as me. 

When it comes to using social media for a business, I think Instagram and TicTock are effective. In Japan, those apps are used by so many people, and many of the trends in Japan have burned up with those apps, and I often see them featured on TV and radio in a couple years. What I was surprised the most was that a couple who is very popular on TicTock were on an entertainment show in Japan. While there are people who are struggling to make their TV debut, SNS has the power to follow the trend and become famous in a very short time.


Comments

  1. Hi Haruka,
    I like the theme its a very nice and simplistic look. What part of Japan are you from? TicTok definitely is a new social media platform that businesses should look at in order to market to a younger and I would say more engaged audience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Haruka: O so that is what was meant by theme, I understood the theme was the subject of the blog, what we are to write about. I always wanted to go to Japan. My judo sensei as a kid was Yamaguchi also, the DOJO was named YAMAGUCHI DOJO in Mexico City. We were the unbeatable champions in the leagues. Sensei left to Japan so I left the DOJO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Haruka,
    I enjoyed reading your blog. Same here, this is also my first time writing a blog. I like your choice of theme as well. I love Palm trees. I like watching the beautiful sunset. I am 25% Japanese but I've never been to Japan. It's one of the countries in my bucket list to visit someday. Thanks for sharing!

    -Teresita

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts